Monday, November 26, 2007

Sleepless in Seat-------...Umm...I mean Spring Arbor


Chances are...I'm going to talk a lot about Seattle in the near future. How pumped am I for it? You have no idea.

Something about the idea that God may really want to use a couple months of my life to just take me and mold me is incredible. Mix that with my ever increasing urge for the Lord recently and my countless failures in the past and you get one excited guy.

"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land (Psalm 63:1)

How often have I been given opportunities to spend some one-on-one time with my Saviour?
Only to intentionally distract myself to escape having to deal with myself, my problems, my vast array of insecurities, and more intense yet: my inexplicable salvation from sin, the grace that's been giv'n to me so undervingly, and my Lord that is yearning for me to chase after Him...

No longer will I block out all of these things. I absolutely despise the fact that I can't handle silence. This next summer I will take advantage of this idea that God's given to me. A couple months of me and Him, some beach, some waves crashes against cliffs...some space needle...ha
I'll have some pictures of my own to share with you all after July hopefully ;)
until then,
sfk

No comments: