Monday, December 24, 2007

MAI KNEE SIS

My nieces are such a blessing. Period. Even though the desired decibel level in a room with them is sometimes exceeded, they bring so much joy into my life when they're around. Especially when they want to be with me. Today, everyone came over. Justin & Beth w/Sarah, Lauryn, Lainey, and Audrey...and Chris & Laura with Maddie.

Today was one of those days that was just good with my nieces. They wanted to play. They wanted to jump around on me. And most of all they all actually wanted to hug me and kiss me on the cheek both randomly throughout the day and when they had to leave. It was great...that part of the day at least. SO that's all I'll talk about in this post ...
Sarah and I go way back. I didn't hold her at first. This is mostly because she was my first niece, and I was waaaaay too scared to have control of such a fragile lil' girl (though we at least try learn these days that no matter how fragile the person, they always need someone to hold them and take care of them...some people are just too resistant to that though, ey) in my arms...I love Sarah so much. She's one of those princess girls and in my opinion loves the fact that her younger sister (Lauryn) follows her around and mimicks all of her moves. Sarah is such a great niece :)


Lauryn is SOO precious. For some reason, with this girl I break when she is hurt or crying. I can't stand to see it...it's very weird because I'm fine when the other 4 girls cry...but not her. I think its because she is so cute. She is so dang innocent looking that she'll one day be able to get away with anything. But not while I'm around. I hope to fend off some hormone-ragin, teenaged, boys when the time comes. I'm hoping that some day we can all stage me to be the drunk uncle with a baseball bat (of course I wouldn't really be drunk) that opens the door to greet Lauryn's first date...:)




This is me and Lainey. and quite simply, I don't know another little girl who smiles as much as she does and has. She is really just recently getting to know me because most of her years thus far in life I've been at college...But man am I glad that she likes me at least a little bit because she brings me so much smiling...!




Audrey must mean "little ball of wonder". This beautiful little girl smiles almost as much as Lainey, but still has that fury of crying sometimes:) We don't know each other as well as I do the rest of the girls. But I gave her some potato chips today and we played alittle and she sat on my lap a few times. SO I think we're cool. I can't wait for her to get to know me more!




This is Madelyn! She is Chris and Laura's only daughter and she is some character. Awhile ago, I would have said that she is scary! when she doesn't get her way. But in all honesty she seems to be just as full of joy as anyone else I know. She kept wanting me to be "monster" today and chase her...I scared her so much that she fell down at least twice! And she pounds on me. Actually, today she latched on to my left ear with her teeth and i was scared she wasn't going to let go. OUCH. haha...I can't wait for this girl to grow up. She's so beautiful and is such a sweet little girl..

I obviously am blessed to have these girls as my nieces and can't tell you how much I love them!!! Just thought I'd share :)

sfk

hopefully this will be the last post i ever use the word "cute" or anything like that, haha!


but seriously...

1 comment:

Danielle said...

ahhh your neices are so freakin adorable. goodness seth. these pictures are so cute! i can honestly see you being that crazy uncle that takes the boyfriends for a drive while listing off all the horrible things you have done in your past, just to freak the boyfriends out. haha oh man. keep your eye on them.