Sunday, December 16, 2007

Wow

Honestly I can't even begin to describe what the past couple weeks (OR semester) has been like for me. Thank God that the semester is over though. I do know a few things:

I'm in Geogya! (Georgia). The band, I'll call it that for now because we're going to change our name very soon, plus Ryan P took a trip after our last final straight to Roswell-ish, Georgia from Spring Arbor. We drove down thanks to some generosity from Ryan in actually driving four of us down in his van. That van had 5 crazy people and every piece of our music gear that we needed for the weekend.

As soon as we arrived at Jono's house, a huge empty house (because they've recently moved) in a nice community, we unloaded all of our gear and got started. It was 3:55a.m...

We've had a great time so far. All of my bass tracks are laid down; and though it's taking us a really long time to get stuff at least somewhere close to perfect, I think we're going to have a sweet, full album available sometime early next year. We've written a lot of new stuff that is MUCH more technical than previous songs and let me just say humbly that my bass playing has evolved because of learning all of the crazy-hard segments that fit into our songs.

We start vocals sometime tomorrow and will be driving back to Spring Arbor starting Wednesday night.

To anyone who cares: hang in there. I'll write a little more deeply about what's happening in the near future. Time has been consumed at a nasty rate over the past few weeks and I hope to have plenty of rest and reflection over my Christmas break.

-sfk

oh...and if Uncle Danny, Aunt Sally, or Joy or Melissa is reading, I'm sorry, but this time I don't even think there will be any time to visit any of you :( If there is an open afternoon between now and Wednesday I will DEFINITELY get your numbers from my mom and see if we can work something out. I haven't seen [ya'll] in such a long time!


and if none of you read my blog...well, then I guess that last paragraph was pointless, ey?

and so was that one

and that one...

No comments: